ALL-CARBON ELECTRONICS (PROJECT)
Gubin S. P.
OOO Akkolab, http://www.akkolab.ru,
65/1, Gilyarovskogo str., 107996 Moscow, Russian Federation
Modern electronics subatomic came into insurmountable conflict with their traditional silicon platform. Here is and the problem of heat removal from the “non-organic” structures in super-dense arrangement of the elements of atomic dimensions, and the problem of reducing energy consumption and increasing high-speed performance, and compatibility issues as neural networks and molecular electronics, well as carbon nanotubes – elements of sub-atomic systems – with silicon technology. The discovery of graphene and the first studies of its properties generate confidence in the possibility of creating electronics, in which all functions are to carry out carbon-based materials, without conventional semiconductors and metals, ie all-carbon high-speed nanoelectronics. Graphene – a uniquely thin material, durable, flexible, transparent, good thermalconductor, electrically conductive, when changing the structure – a semiconductor, insulator – when exposed to the type of hydrogenation. On his basis of are already established laboratory field-effect transistors, including high-speed terahertz transistor, single-electron transistor, soft memory cell of multiple reading and writing, the logical elements, the inverters operating under normal conditions, are obtained and investigated graphene strips, with the properties of quantum wires, visible imaging technology inexpensive and flexible all-carbon integrated circuits. Electronics on flexible media and Electronics, elements of which are produced by printer’s press, are perspective. Unsolved problems – the creation of extended defect-free single-layer graphenefilms on flexible polymer substrates, create and change the band gap of isolated sections of the graphene surface grafting of functional molecules, increase the mobility of charge carriers in graphene “inks”, etc. In this paper the reality of an all-carbon high-speed nanoelectronics for the modern stage is substantiated. It is noted its breakthrough significance for economy of our country and the ability to implement its by own internal forces of the country in close collaboration with the world science if the organization of work on this project will be on the basis of the state. The main milestones of this organization are offered.
Keywords : nanoelectronics, silicon technology, graphene, carbon platform, transistors, integrated circuits, state project.
– 14 references Received
RENSIT, 2011, 3(1):47-55
Full-text electronic version of this article - web site http://elibrary.ru
- Korkin A, Rosei F, eds. Nanoelectronics and Photonics: From Atoms to Materials, Devices and Architectures. NY, Springer, 2008, 453 p.
- Gubin SP, Tkachev SV. RENSIT, 2010, 2(1-2):99-137.
- Gubin SP, Tkachev SV. Grafen i rodstvennye nanoformy ugleroda [Graphene and congenerous carbon nanoforms]. Moscow, Librokom Publ., 2011, 104 p. ISBN 978-5-397-02076-3.
- Weiss PS. ACS Nano, 2010, 4(12):7041-7047.
- Lin Y-M, Dimitrakopoulos C, Jenkins KA, Farmer DB, Chiu H-Y, Grill A, Avouris Ph. Science, 2010, 327(5966):662.
- Xia F, Farmer DB, Lin Y-M, Avouris Ph. Nano Lett., 2010, 10(2):715-718.
- Liao L, Bai J, Cheng R, Lin Y-C, Jiang S, Qu Y, Huang Y, Duan X. Nano Lett., 2010, 10(10):3952-3956.
- Stampfer C, Schurtenberger E, Molitor F, Guttinger J, Ihn T, Ensslin K. Nano Lett., 2008, 8(8):2378–2383.
- Ji Y, Lee S, Cho B, Song S, Lee T. ACS Nano, 2011, 5(7):5995-6000.
- Akasaka T, Wudl F, Nagase S, eds. Chemistry of Nanocarbons. Hoboken, Wiley, 2010, 526 p.
- Prezhdo OV, Kamat PV, Schatz GC. J.Phys.Chem. C, 2011, (115):3195-3197.
- Kamat PV. J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2011, (2):242-251.
- Gubin SP et al. Carbon supercondenser. Patent RU №2011129188, prior. 14.07.2011, applicant OOO «AkKoLab» (in Russ.).
- Zhong CM, Duan CH, Huang F, Wu HB, Cao Y. Chem Mater., 2011, 23(3):326-340.