RANS – XX YEARS IN THE SERVICE OF RUSSIA (report on the anniversary meeting)
Kuznetsov Oleg L.
Dr Sci. Techn, prof., academician RANS, President RANS
Russian Academy of Natural Sciences
29/16, per. Sivtsev Vrazhek, Moscow 119002 Russian Federation
Tel. +7 499 241-2694, firstname.lastname@example.org
At the end of the 80s The Supreme Council of the RSFSR appealed to the scientific communities of Russia with request to give their suggestions on the establishment and organization of the Russian Academy of Sciences of the RSFSR. August 31, 1990 in the Parliament Center of Moscow (Color Boulevard) with the participation of more than 800 scientists, chaired by Nobel Laureate of Academician AM Prokhorov was elected the first personnel of the Academy of Natural Sciences of the RSFSR (first president Mineev DA). Among the founders of the RSFSR AEN - RAS academicians Prokhorov AM, Gol'danskii VI, Likhachev DS, Flerov GN, Yanshin AL etc. Motives of creation: the need for independent expert community; unformalized interdisciplinary communication between scientists, engineers, designers; democracy and mobility in scientific and educational environment; approximation of organizational forms of Russian science to the world standards, common house (Superclub) for industrial and university science; saving of thin layer of intellectuals with preservation of the best traditions of Russian scientific schools. Expectations
: reducing the outflow of young people abroad, the establishment of professorial houses and assemblies; inclusion of experts of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences to state structures - the customers of works RANS; widespread reflection of status of the academician or a corresponding member of RANS. RANS today
- the largest public research organization in Russia: 2800 academicians, 1300 corresponding members, more than 200 foreign members from 47 countries, more than 100 adjuncts. Among the members of the RANS: 16 Nobel laureates, 110 members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 51 members of Russian Academy of Medical Science, 12 members of Russian Academy of Education, 13 members of Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Honored Scientist, State Prize winners, the RF Government Prize, chevaliers of state awards. Academy structure includes subject and regional sections and divisions. As part of RANS there are 7 research areas: natural sciences, scientific-technical, socio-geopolitical direction of research, sustainable development of society, socio-economic and rights problems, biology, medicine and ecology, humanities, education and creativity. The Academy consists of sections, regional and thematic departments, research centers, associations and small scientific institutions. The Academy is accredited by the United Nations 17 January 1995, and in July 2002 RANS assigned non-governmental organization status at the United Nations - NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. There are the necessary attributes of modern network scientific organization - Academy website, journal "Bulletin of RANS" (ISSN 1682-1696, quarterly), encyclopedias, reference books, flag, anthem and public awards. Academy maintains an extensive publishing activities, has overseas branches and representative offices, provides expertise and registration of scientific discoveries. Completed projects
: the conception and principles of the national security; the Russian Federation environmental doctrine; the hydrocarbon Russian strategy, the complex of innovative geophysical technologies; the new composite materials, the projects of "smart homes" and alternative energy sources; the projects in telecommunications, mobile telemedicine, various information systems; the foundations of sustainable development of socio-natural systems. Socially meaningful actions
- participation in the work of League for the Protection of Culture, holding of conferences commemorating Russian cosmists; participation in the World Earth Summit in South Africa, in the World Knowledge Forum (Budapest), in the world exhibitions Expo (Kyoto, Shanghai), participation in international projects, supporting of global education project "Ecomir" and the establishment of the National environmental Prize, the creation and organization (together with the Federation Council RF) of the National Committee "Intellectual resources of Russia" and forums on "Intellectual Russia" (Dubna), participation in the international film festival "World of Knowledge", the creation of International University of Nature, Society and Man "Dubna" (1994). International cooperation
of RANS - interaction with universities in the USA, China, UK, Germany, Brazil, Kazakhstan, India and other countries, with the large foreign industrial companies to promote Russian technology, with scientific communities of the CIS and the Eurasian Economic Community, with the Russian scientific diaspora. Problems of development
of RANS - unresolved issue of the allocation of office rooms for RANS, the minimum infrastructure support from the state, registration in VAK of sectional journals of Academy, providing research-industrial base, selection of young scientists in the status of an adjuncts of the Academy and to provision them material support. Strategic purposes
for the coming years - promoting democratization and modernization of the country, strengthening the prestige of science and education in the public consciousness, creation of pilot projects of public-private partnership to address social problems. Today RANS - stable and actively working major public scientific structure, system integrator of basic and applied knowledge, education and technologies with the tasks of strategic management and large corporate business.
UDC 061.12; 061.75
, 2010, 2(1-2):200-207
Full-text electronic version of this article - web site http://elibrary.ru
- Rossiyskaya Gazeta on 27.03.1991.
- Zuev VA (Editor-in-Chief). Bulletin of Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, 2001, Vol.1, no. 1, ISSN 1682-1696.
- Melua AI. Russian Academy of Natural Sciences. Moscow-St.Petersburg, Gumanistika Publ., 1998, 704 p.
- Potocki VV Scientific discoveries, ideas, hypotheses. Information-analytical review. Moscow, MANOI Publ., 2008, 428 p., ISBN 978-5-94515-128-4.
- Sulman R. Alfred Nobel. History of Nobel Prizes. Wiley, New York, 1992.