TRANSITION OF BISMUTH TO LEAD IN THE PULSE ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD
Vladimir F. Balakirev
Institute of Metallurgy of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, http://www.imet-uran.ru
620016 Ekaterinburg, Russian Federation
Valeriy V. Krymsky, Nataliya V. Plotnikova
South Ural State University, http://www.susu.ru
45408 Chelaybinsk, Russian Federation
Impact of powerful nanosecond electromagnetic impulses (NEMI) on fusions containing lead and bismuth is considered. The main controlled property is chemical composition. Special pulse generators are used for influence. They produce pulses of the positive polarity with duration of 1 nanosecond on a half-height, with amplitude of 6-10 kV and repetition frequency of 1 kHz. Processing of NEMI is carried out directly in a crucible into which the copper tube or a core is inserted. Outputs of the generator connect with a crucible and a tube. Time of processing is tens of minutes. The level of α-radiation and β-radiation of solid metal is measured before and after processing. There are given the results of 4 experiences in which the reduction of amount of bismuth by 8-10% and the same in size increase of amount of lead is noted. For one of experiences the analysis of the chemical composition is carried out on three devices, various on type. The theory of electronic capture under the influence of NEMI and change of isotope structure without change of mass of a kernel are offered as theoretical base. Results which describe transformation of tens of grams of bismuth into the same amount of lead are absent in available literature.
: impulse, field, nanosecond, transition, bismuth, lead
, 2017, 9(1):106-112
Full-text electronic version of this article - web site http://en.rensit.ru/vypuski/article/200/9(1)106-112e.pdf
- Balakirev VF, Krymsky VV, Kulakov BA, Ri Khosen. Elektroimpul’snye nanotekhnologii [Electropulse Nanotechnologies]. Ekaterinburg, Ural Office of Russian Academy of Sciences Publ., 2009, 141 p.
- Shaburova NA. Obrabotka metallov i splavov nanosekudnymi elektromagnitnymi impul’sami [Processing of Metals and Alloys by Nanosecond Electromagnetic Impulses]. Chelyabisk, TsNTI Publ., 2011, 94 p.
- Balakirev VF, Krymsky VV, Shaburova NA. Nanoimpul’snye tekhnologii [Nanopulse Technologies]. Chelyabisk, TsNTI Publ., 2012, 124 p.
- Krymski VV, Shaburova NA, Filimonov IE. Pulse electromagnetic effect on metal melts. J. of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, 2012, 6(11):967.
- Urutskoev LI, Liksonov VI, Tsinoev VG. Prikladnaya fizika, 2000, 4:83-100 (in Russ.).
- Krymsky VV, Balakirev VF. Doklady RAN [Reports of Russian Academy of Sciences], 2002, 385(6):786-787 (in Russ.).
- Balakirev VF, Krymsky VV, Bolotov BV, Vasil’eva NV, Vachaev AV, Ivanov NI, Kazbanov VI, Pavlova GA, Solin MI, Trofimov VI, Urutskoev LI. Vzaimoprevrasheniya khimicheskikh elementov [Interconversions of Chemical Elements]. Ekaterinburg, Ural Office of Russian Academy of Sciences Publ., 2003, 93 p.
- Emsley J. The Elements. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1991, 256 p.
- Budberg PB, Alisova SP. Diagrammy sostoyaniya dvoynykh i mnogokomponentnykh system na osnove zheleza [Charts of a Condition of Double and Multicomponent Systems on the Basis of Iron]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1986, 525 p.
- Shirokov YuM, Yudin NP. Yadernaya fizika [Nuclear Physics]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1980, 727 p.
- Varcillac P, Coron N, Dambier G, Leblanc J, Moalik JP. Experimental detection of alpha-particles from the radioactive decay of natural bismuth. Nature, 2003, 422(6934):876-878.