ON MECHANISMS OF LOW-ENERGY NUCLEAR-CHEMICAL PROCESSES
1Karpov Institute of Physical Chemistry, http://www.karpovipc.ru
Moscow 105064 Russian Federation
2National Research Nuclear University MEPhI, https://mephi.ru
Moscow 115409 Russian Federation
It is shown that a wide variety of low-energy nuclear transformations studied under conditions of a nonequilibrium low-temperature glow discharge plasma and laser ablation of metals in aqueous media can be understood on the basis of the concepts of the dynamic interrelation between the electron and nuclear subsystems of an atom. The initiating role in such processes belongs to electrons a sufficiently large kinetic energy Ee ~ 3-5 eV (by chemical scales), which they can acquire under the indicated conditions. Inelastic scattering of electrons by nuclei in according to weak nuclear interaction becomes possible in the collision of such electrons with ions or plasma atoms (here we assume that the nuclei are not related to “K-capture” nuclei). At the first stage of such a nuclear-chemical interaction, a nucleus arise, the charge of which is one unit less than the charge of the initial nucleus, and nuclear matter is locally disrupted: the nuclear mass in this case is insufficient to preserve nuclear matter in the base state of interacting nucleons. Under such anomalous excitations of nuclear matter, which are characterized as the states of “inner shake-up” or isu-state, the relaxation dynamics of the nuclei is initiated by weak nuclear interactions. Such nuclei, being β-active (“β-nuclei”), can have sufficiently long lifetimes and effectively participate in nuclear reactions (as the β-neutron and β-dineutron introduced into consideration). If the initial nucleus is radioactive, the decay of “β-nuclei” will occur with a probability many orders of magnitude greater than the decay probability of the original nuclei. As an example, the nuclear-chemical transformations realized in the E-CAT reactor of Andrea Rossi are also considered.
: low-temperature plasma, laser ablation of metals in aqueous media, β-nuclei, low-energy nuclear-chemical transformation, u- and d-quarks, Feynman diagrams of the initiating radioactive decay
, 2017, 9(1):37-51
Full-text electronic version of this article - web site http://en.rensit.ru/vypuski/article/200/9(1)37-51e.pdf
- Fleishmann M, Pons S, Hawkins M. Electrochemically induced nuclear fusion of deuterium. J. Electroanal. Chem., 1989, 261:301-308.
- Timashev SF. On possible mechanism of nuclear-chemical transformation in Pd electrode under electrolysis in heavy water. Journal of Physical Chemistry, 1989, 63(8):2283-2284 (in Russ.).
- Sakisaka M, Tomita M. Experiments on the possible existence of a bound di-neutron. J. Phys. Soc. Japan, 1961, 16:2597-2598.
- Katase A, Seki M, Akiyoshi, Yoshimura A, Sonoda M. Experiments on the existence of di-neutrons. J. Phys. Soc. Japan, 1962, 17:1211-1212.
- Gol'danskii VI, Zel'dovich YaB, Baz' AI. Systematics of the lightest nuclei. Phys.Usp. Advances in Physical Sciences, 1965, 8(2):177-201.
- Borzakov SB, Panteleev TS, Strelkov AV, Soldner T. The Search for the Dineutron at the High Flux Reactor ILL (Grenoble, France). ISINN-10, JINR, 2003.
- Savvatimova I. Transmutation of elements in low-energy glow discharge and the associated-processes. Condensed Matter Nucl. Sci., 2011, 8:1-19.
- Savvatimova I. Creation of more light elements in tungsten irradiated by low-energy deuterium ions. Proc. 13th Int. Conf. ICCF13, Sochy, Russia, 2007:505-517.
- Savvatimova I, Savvatimov G, Kornilova A. Decay in tungsten irradiated by low energy deuterium ions. Proc. 13th Int. Conf. ICCF13, Sochy, Russia, 2007:295-308.
- Shafeev GA, Bozon-Verduraz F, Robert M. Experimental evidence of transmutation of Hg into Au under laser exposure of Hg nanodrops in D2O. Physics of Wave Phenomena, 2007, 15(3):131-136.
- Simakin AV, Shafeev GA. Initiation of nuclear reactions under laser irradiation of metal nanoparticles in the presence of thorium aqua ions. Physics of Wave Phenomena, 2008, 16(4):268-274.
- Barmina EV, Sukhov IA, Lepekhin NM, Priseko YuS, Filippov VG, Simakin AV, Shafeev GA. Application of copper vapor lasers in control of activity of Uranium isotopes. Quantum Electronics, 2013, 43:591-596.
- Barmina EV, Timashev SF, Shafeev GA. Laser-induced synthesis and decay of Tritium under exposure of solid targets in heavy water. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2016, 688:012106. (8th Intern. Conf. on Inertial Fusion Sciences and Applications (IFSA 2013) IOP Publishing; /http://arxiv.org/abs/1306.0830[physics.gen-ph]).
- Seth KK, Parker B. Evidence for dineutrons in extremely neutron-rich nuclei. Phys. Rev. Lett., 1991, 66(19):2448-2451.
- Akhiezer AI, Rekalo MP. Elementarnye chastitsy [Elementary particles]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1986, 256 p.
- Timashev SF. Physical vacuum as a system manifesting itself on various scales – from nuclear physics to cosmology; http://arxiv.org/abs/1107.1799v7.
- Timashev SF, Simakin AV, Shafeev GA. Nuclear–Chemical processes under the conditions of laser ablation of metals in aqueous media (Problems of "cold fusion"). Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A., 2014, 88(11):1980-1988).
- Timashev SF. Radioactive decay as a forced nuclear chemical process: phenomenology. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A., 2015, 89(11):2072-2083.
- Timashev Serge. Nuclear-chemical processes in the solar atmosphere. International Journal of Astrophysics and Space Science, 2014, 2(6):88-92.
- Timashev SF. Initiating nuclear-chemical transformations in native systems: phenomenology. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2016, 90(10):2089-2095.
- United State Patent – US 9,115,913 B1, Aug. 25. 2015; https://animpossibleinvention.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/us9115913b1.pdf; Andrea Rossi.
- Levi G, Foschi E, Höistad B, et al. Observation of Abundant Heat Production from a Reactor Device and of Isotopic Changes in the Fuel. http://amsacta.unibo.it/4084/1/LuganoReportSubmit.pdf.
- Jung M, Bosch F, Beckert K, et al. First observation of bound-state decay. Phys. Rev. Lett., 1992, 69:2164-2167.
- Bosch F, Faestermann T, Friese J, et al. Observation of bound-state β−-decay of fully ionized 187Re: 187Re–187Os cosmochronometry. Phys. Rev. Lett., 1996, 77:5190-5193.
- Thomas SA, Abdalla FD, Lahav O. Upper Bound of 0.28 eV on Neutrino Masses from the Largest Photometric Redshift Survey. Phys. Rev. Lett., 2010, 105(3):031301.
- Lattimer JM, Pethick CJ, Prakash M, Haensel P. Direct URCA process in neutron stars. Phys. Rev. Lett., 1991, 66:2701-2704.
- Timashev Serge F. The Planck numbers and the essence of gravity: phenomenology. http://arxiv.org/abs/1701.08073 [physics.gen-ph].
- Vysotskii VI, Kornilova AA. Microbial transmutation of Cs-137 and LENR in growing biological systems. Curr. Sci., 2015, 108:636-640.
- Donnelly TW, Formaggio JA, Holstein BR, Milner RG, Surrow B. Foundations of Nuclear and Particle Physics. Cambridge, University Press, 2017, 745 p.
- Sharapov VM, Kanashenko SL. Vopr. At. Nauki Tekh., Ser. Termoyad. Sintez. 2008, 2:20 (in Russ.).
- Kervran CL. Biological Transmutation. Happiness Press, USA, Magalia, California,1998.
- Biberian J-P. Review Article Biological Transmutations: Historical Perspective. J. Condensed Matter Nucl. Sci., 2012, 7:11-25.
- Vysotskii VI, Kornilova AA. Nuclear Transmutation of Stable And Radioactive Isotopes In Biological Systems. Pentagon Press, New Delhi, 2010.
- Gromov AA, Gromov AM, Popenko EM, et al. Formation of calcium in the products of iron–aluminum thermite combustion in air. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2016, 90(10):2104-2106.
- Borisov AA, De Luca LT, Merzhanov AG. Self-Propagating High-Temperature Synthesis of Materials. CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, 2000, 400 p.
- Tunitskii NN, Kaminskii VA, Timashev SF. Metody fisikokhimicheskoy kinetiki [Methods of Physicochemical Kinetics]. Moscow, Khimiya Publ., 1972, 198 p.
- Revel’skiy IA, Buryak AK, Sajti PL, et al. Isotopic ratio changes of several trace elements in nickel as a result of laser ablation in aqueous medium, in press.
- Serkov AA, Akovantseva AA, Barmina EV. Influence of the Surface Structure on the Initiation of Nuclear Chemical Processes Under Laser Ablation of Metals in Aqueous Media. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2014, 88(11):1989-1995.
- Timashev SF. On the thermofluctuation nature of the strength of solids. Reports of the USSR Academy Science, 1984, 276:898-902 (in Russ.).
- Bonch-Bruevich VL, Kalashnikov SG. Fizika poluprovodnikov [Physics of Semiconductors]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1990, 678 p.
- Barmina EV, Fotakis C, Stratakis E, Stolyarov VN, Stolyarov IN, Shafeev GA, Serkov AA. Nano-textured W shows improvement of thermionic emission properties. Appl. Phys. A, 2012:1-4.
- Timashev SF, Polyakov YuS, Lakeev SG, Misurkin PI, Danilov AI. Fundamentals of fluctuation metrology. Russian Journal Physical Chemistry A., 2010, 84(10):1807-1825.
- Mirsaidov U, Timashev SF, Polyakov YuS, Misurkin PI, Polyakov SV, Musaev I. Analytical method for parameterizing the random profile components of nanosurfaces imaged by atomic force microscopy. Analyst, 2011, 136(3):570-576; http://arxiv.org/abs/1010.6232.