ALL-CARBON ELECTRONICS (ACE)
Kurnakov Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry of RAS,
Leninsky pr., 31, 117901 Moscow, Russia
Modern electronics subatomic came into in-surmountable conflict with their traditional sili-con platform. Here is and the problem of heat removal from the "non-organic" structures in super-dense arrangement of the elements of atomic dimensions, and the problem of reducing energy consumption and increasing high-speed performance, and compatibility issues as neural networks and molecular electronics, well as car-bon nanotubes – elements of sub-atomic sys-tems – with silicon technology. The discovery of graphene and the first studies of its properties generate confidence in the possibility of creating electronics, in which all functions are to carry out carbon-based materials, without conventional semiconductors and metals, ie all-carbon high-speed nanoelectronics. Graphene – a uniquely thin material, durable, flexible, transparent, good thermalconductor, electrically conductive, when changing the structure – a semiconductor, insula-tor – when exposed to the type of hydrogena-tion. On his basis of are already established la-boratory field-effect transistors, including high-speed terahertz transistor, single-electron transis-tor, soft memory cell of multiple reading and writing, the logical elements, the inverters operat-ing under normal conditions, are obtained and investigated graphene strips, with the properties of quantum wires, visible imaging technology inexpensive and flexible all-carbon integrated circuits. Electronics on flexible media and Elec-tronics, elements of which are produced by printer's press, are perspective. Unsolved prob-lems – the creation of extended defect-free sin-gle-layer graphenefilms on flexible polymer sub-strates, create and change the band gap of isolat-ed sections of the graphene surface grafting of functional molecules, increase the mobility of charge carriers in graphene "inks", etc. In this paper the reality of an all-carbon high-speed nanoelectronics for the modern stage is substan-tiated. It is noted its breakthrough significance for economy of our country and the ability to implement its by own internal forces of the country in close collaboration with the world science if the organization of work on this pro-ject will be on the basis of the state. The main milestones of this organization are offered.
Keywords: nanoelectronics, silicon technology, graphene, carbon platform, transistors, integrat-ed circuits, state project.
Bibliography – 14 references
RENSIT, 2011, 3(1):47-55
- Korkin A, Rosei F, eds. Nanoelectronics and Photonics: From Atoms to Materials, Devices and Architectures. NY, Springer, 2008, 453 p.
- Gubin SP, Tkachev SV. RENSIT, 2010, 2(1-2):99-137.
- Gubin SP, Tkachev SV. Grafen i rodstvennye nanoformy ugleroda [Graphene and congenerous carbon nanoforms]. Moscow, Librokom Publ., 2011, 104 p. ISBN 978-5-397-02076-3.
- Weiss PS. ACS Nano, 2010, 4(12):7041-7047.
- Lin Y-M, Dimitrakopoulos C, Jenkins KA, Farmer DB, Chiu H-Y, Grill A, Avouris Ph. Science, 2010, 327(5966):662.
- Xia F, Farmer DB, Lin Y-M, Avouris Ph. Nano Lett. , 2010, 10(2):715-718.
- Liao L, Bai J, Cheng R, Lin Y-C, Jiang S, Qu Y, Huang Y, Duan X. Nano Lett., 2010, 10(10):3952-3956.
- Stampfer C, Schurtenberger E, Molitor F, Guttinger J, Ihn T, Ensslin K. Nano Lett., 2008, 8(8):2378–2383.
- Ji Y, Lee S, Cho B, Song S, Lee T. ACS Nano, 2011, 5(7):5995-6000.
- Akasaka T, Wudl F, Nagase S, eds. Chemistry of Nanocarbons. Hoboken, Wiley, 2010, 526 p.
- Prezhdo OV, Kamat PV, Schatz GC. J.Phys.Chem. C, 2011, (115):3195-3197.
- Kamat PV. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. , 2011, (2):242-251.
- Gubin SP et al. Carbon supercondenser. Patent RU №2011129188, prior. 14.07.2011, applicant OOO «AkKoLab» (in Russ.).
- Zhong CM, Duan CH, Huang F, Wu HB, Cao Y. Chem Mater. , 2011, 23(3):326-340.